Have you ever had an obscene breakfast? Well, you’re about to!
This stuff is so freakishly good, so amazingly decadent it should be banned in the U.S. I’m totally serious. The cream cheese forms this warm creamy custard like center when its baked. OMG!
You can use just about any fruit that would go with French toast. Strawberries, bananas… Whatever you prefer. But of course the syrup recipe would change though.
It’s great for a Sunday brunch with family and friends. Go ahead, have that pound of bacon with it! Why not?! You’re going to hate me anyway!
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and cubed
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease13X9″ baking pan.
- Place half of the bread cubes evenly in pan.
- Scatter cream cheese cubes on top and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Arrange remaining half of bread cubes on top.
- Combine eggs, syrup and milk and pour over bread mixture.
- Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- Bake covered 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 30 more minutes until puffed and brown.
- Serve with Blueberry Syrup
- In small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and water and heat over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries and simmer, stirring occasionally until most berries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Place French Toast on individual serving plates and top with Blueberry Syrup.