Image courtesy of Martha Stewart
I realize that I should have posted this in July. Lemonade always seems like more of a summery drink, but I love it so much I drink it year round. This sounds delicious! I think I’d probably add some whipped cream. Okay, maybe some hot fudge too… just because!
- Yield Makes 1 quart
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon and orange juices with the lemongrass and set aside for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add 4 cups of water, the sugar, and honey. Pour into a baking pan and freeze 1 to 2 hours.
- Using a fork, loosen the lemonade from the pan and return to the freezer for 20 minutes more.
- Scoop into the chilled bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon among 4 tall glasses and serve.