Every Solstice I make our family and friends a special batch of almond crescent biscuits to celebrate with. They are super easy and buttery and have a gorgeous, hint of almond.
Make sure to re-dust the cookies after they have cooled completely, before serving.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- confectioners’ sugar
- Beat together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Blend in extracts.
- Mix in flour and almonds.
- Using about 1 T of dough for each, shape into logs and bend into crescents.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until light brown.
- While warm, roll crescents in confectioners’ sugar.
- Cool on racks and store in a tightly sealed container.