Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Then add the eggs and mix.
- Then put in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the bananas and sour cream and mix.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and pour into 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick that has been inserted into the center comes out clean.
Learn how to make amazing cakes, breads and pastries online at your own pace!
I adore a good hand pie! These pastry wrapped little beauties look absolutely delicious and are surprisingly easy to make! They would be cute & easily portable for a picnic or impromptu lunch at your honey’s office, or served with eggs for a delicious breakfast. Add a lovely side salad for a divine brunch or dinner.
- Cooking spray
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and/or muenster cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces mache or other salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray.
On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 14-inch square and cut into four 7-inch squares. Brush the center of each with mustard and season with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms gill-side up on the pastry and season with salt and pepper.
Toss the breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Fold in the pastry edges, pleating to fully cover the mushrooms; press to seal. Brush both sides of the pastry with the beaten egg. Place seam-side down on the baking sheet, make slits in the top and bake until golden and crisp, 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine the shallot, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, then whisk in the olive oil. Toss the dressing with the salad greens and pear. Serve the salad with the mushroom pies.
Per serving: Calories 736; Fat 47 g (Saturated 18 g); Cholesterol 106 mg; Sodium 1,045 mg; Carbohydrate 54 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 27 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Last year my sister in law made stuffed french toast. Yes, it was as amazing and rich as it sounds! We had a side of bacon which really helped to offset the immensely rich toast.
Cinnamon chip bread or thickly cut french bread ( day old works best)
½ Cup — Heavy cream
1 Tsp. — Vanilla
4 oz. — Whipped cream cheese
Grated zest of 1 orange
In a bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and vanilla mix well.
Dredge each slice of bread in the mixture.
Place soaked slices on hot griddle. Cook each side until golden brown.
Stack toast slices with orange zest and whipped cream cheese spread between each layer. Add orange marmalade on top.
Candy Cane Dust. Minty, pink fun!
Imagine, sprinkled on hot cocoa, coffee, ice cream, cuppycakes, candy.
Just take some peppermint candies or candy canes and crush them finely in a blender or food processor. Just be sure to store in an airtight container so the dust does not stick together.
Have you ever had an obscene breakfast? Well, you’re about to!
This stuff is so freakishly good, so amazingly decadent it should be banned in the U.S. I’m totally serious. The cream cheese forms this warm creamy custard like center when its baked. OMG!
You can use just about any fruit that would go with French toast. Strawberries, bananas… Whatever you prefer. But of course the syrup recipe would change though.
It’s great for a Sunday brunch with family and friends. Go ahead, have that pound of bacon with it! Why not?! You’re going to hate me anyway!
For the French Toast:
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and cubed
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
For the Blueberry Syrup!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp butter
To Make the French Toast:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease13X9″ baking pan.
- Place half of the bread cubes evenly in pan.
- Scatter cream cheese cubes on top and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Arrange remaining half of bread cubes on top.
- Combine eggs, syrup and milk and pour over bread mixture.
- Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- Bake covered 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 30 more minutes until puffed and brown.
- Serve with Blueberry Syrup
To Make the Blueberry Syrup:
- In small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and water and heat over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries and simmer, stirring occasionally until most berries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Place French Toast on individual serving plates and top with Blueberry Syrup.