Pecan Puffs make a great host gift. Place them into a small dish and add another dusting of icing sugar. Wrap with cellophane and tie with colourful ribbon to really set it off! Courtesy of Sarah Richardson
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups of pecans
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- Icing sugar
- Add pecans to food processor. Puree until well ground and fine, almost to the consistency of pecan butter.
- Add butter and brown sugar to food processor and mix until mixture appears frothy.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Add flour a little at a time, pulsing food processor between additions. Resulting mixture should appear as a thick paste.
- Place mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- After refrigeration, scoop out bite sized amounts of the pecan mix with a spoon.
- Roll dough into bite sized balls and place fairly close together on baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, until puffs just start to turn golden brown.
- Place a cooling rack on top of several sheets of waxed paper.
- After puffs have cooled to the touch move to cooling rack, placing them as close together as possible.
- Use a cake duster to sprinkle lots of icing sugar on the puffs. It’s supposed to look like snow.
- Give the puffs a fresh dusting of icing sugar again when ready to serve.